For many of us, Facebook is no longer a social media luxury. It is a convenient tool of communication. Potential clients might reach out to us on Facebook. Old buddies we have lost touch with might be found on the platform. Even officemates and peers often end up discussing matters of importance on Facebook. With the launch of the Messenger app and the bubbleheads, Facebook chats live on our home screen.
Thus when messages are deleted by accident, the loss of access to data is frustrating.
For the fastest and easiest recovery, Dr. Fone from Wondershare trumps all other alternatives. It conducts scans in three comprehensive modes so it’s simple how to recover deleted Facebook messages.
A Few Factors to Heed
1. Scans that are initiated as soon as data is deleted are likely to be more successful than scans that are carried out after the iOS devices have been used for a while. Applications tend to generate new information and this can overwrite what is present in the deeper caches of the memory, compromising the quality of the scan.
2. An iOS device needs to be in the Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode before it can be scanned by the Dr. Fone utility. To reach DFU:
- Press the Power button for 3 seconds
- Press the Power and Home buttons for 10 seconds
- Release the Power button but keep the Home button pressed for 15 more seconds
Since the countdowns must be quite precise to reach DFU, Dr. Fone provides an animated instruction screen to guide users.
3. This applies especially to an iOS device scan. If the PC or laptop where Dr. Fone is installed happens to support the iTunes account, then a connected iPhone/iPad will be detected by iTunes thus automatic data synchronization is triggered. This compromises the lost data that is present in the inner caches of the device. To disable this, visit the iTunes dashboard, choose ‘Preferences’, scroll to ‘Devices’ and tick ‘Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically’.
3 Modes How to Recover Deleted Facebook Messages
Mode 1: Recover from iOS Device
Recovery from an iOS device is tedious without Dr. Fone. But the system makes it easy and simple.
1. Connect the Apple device to a PC or laptop that supports Dr. Fone and put it in DFU mode. Launch Dr. Fone from the desktop or home screen and choose the first option – Recover from iOS Device.
2. Allow Dr. Fone to analyze the connected device for model compatibility. Once the system ensures that the scan is possible, the ‘Start Scan’ button becomes available.
3. A scan that is underway is determined with a progress bar that notes the time to scan completion. There are two buttons ‘Pause’ and ‘Stop’ to the right of the bar. They can halt an ongoing scan midway or terminate it before completion. With this flexibility, you can recover Facebook messages on the fly.
4. When the scan completes, the display screen comes on. The directory to the left of the screen assists navigation and perusal of items that can be retrieved. Each node stands for a particular type of data. In some versions of Dr. Fone, the Facebook messages are found under the header ‘Messages’. In other, more recent variants, there is a separate icon that reads ‘Messenger’.
You can do a number of things here to facilitate recovery:
- You can use the directory to directly navigate to Facebook Messages instead of sifting other data types like photos or videos that you do not need.
- You can use the On/Off slider to focus only on the messages that were deleted.
- You can use the search bar to call up messages from particular senders/recipients.
- You can choose messages individually or mark them in bulk for restoration.
5. Once the needed messages are ticked, hit the blue ‘Recover’ button to save them as HTML documents to the hard disk of the computer supporting Dr. Fone or to restore them back to the connected iOS device.
Mode 2: Recover from iTunes Backup File
iTunes is a backup platform that requires iOS device users to establish a physical connection between the iTunes account and the iPhone or iPad for the creation of backup files or containers. Dr. Fone acts as an extractor and retrieves Facebook messages from these files.
1. Connect the device to Dr. Fone and put it in DFU mode. Launch Dr. Fone and choose the second option – Recover from iTunes Backup File.
2. From the list of files saved to the drive of the PC/laptop, select the one that is the most likely to have copies of the Facebook messages you need to restore. Use attributes like file name and serial number to inform the selection.
3. Click ‘Start Scan’, allow the process to complete, and peruse the needed items for the ones that have to be saved or recovered.
Mode 3: Recover from iCloud Backup File
iCloud recovery needs an Internet connection to access the files that are stored in Apple’s servers. The process is as follows how to recover deleted Facebook messages using an iCloud backup:
1. Connect the iOS device to the PC/laptop supporting Dr. Fone and put it in DFU mode. Next launch Dr. Fone and choose the third option – Recover from iCloud Backup File to initiate the sequence.
2. Input iCloud login credentials to allow Dr. Fone access to the backup files in the iCloud account.
3. From the list, select the backup container that has the strongest possibility of having the Facebook messages that you seek. If there are multiple options to choose from, use file specifications like date of creation and file name to zero in on the best option. Hit ‘Download’.
4. From the pop-up, tick either ‘Messages’ or ‘Messenger’ to restrict the download and scan to only Facebook Messages. Click ‘Next’ to trigger the scan.
5. You can examine and choose items from the display screen as before and recover them back to the connected iOS device.
And you are done! No matter what the circumstances around the deletion were, there is a Dr. Fone mode that can help how to recover deleted Facebook messages in just a few steps.
Recapping the process:
- Connect the iOS device to Dr. Fone
- Choose the recovery mode
- Select the backup file if needed
- Allow the scan to complete
- Recover the Facebook messages that were accidentally deleted