You’ve landed on this page because you’ve lost your Contacts and you want to recover contacts from iPhone 5. Maybe you’ve deleted your contacts by mistake. Maybe you’ve lost your phone and need your contacts back. Maybe someone stole your phone. Maybe you’ve broken your phone. Maybe your phone just decided to hang up and die on you.
Your contacts are your lifeline. You’ve got all your family, friends and business contacts all stored on your iPhone.
Fret not! Just because something bad has happened and they’re gone for now, doesn’t mean they are gone forever.
Dr. Fone is here to help. It’s the software that works miracles by getting back all the data you thought you’d lost from your iPhone.
Dr. Fone can retrieve your Contacts, your Text Messages, your Notes, your Reminders, your Call History, your Calendar, your WhatsApp History, your Safari Bookmarks, your Facebook Messenger History, your Camera Roll, your Photo Stream, your Voicemail, your Voice Memos, your App Photos, your App Videos and your App Documents.
The software is downloaded and installed to either your PC or Mac and has three methods of data recovery to have you getting the most bang for your buck.
The software is free to try and has a simple, easy to use interface, with a variety of options to choose from for your data recovery. You can choose to retrieve individual items or file types, or regain the whole lot at once.
The three methods of file restoration you can use to get your data back are:
- Recover from iOS Device
- Recover from iTunes Backup File
- Recover from iCloud Backup File
We’ve included a handy how-to section for each of the three methods available to use today.
So, enough with the small talk, let’s download Dr. Fone and get started on getting those contacts back!
Method 1: Recover from iOS Device
1. Start up the software. You’ll be shown a screen with a number of different options available to help you regain contacts from iPhone 5. Click on the one that says ‘Recover from iOS Device‘ and then plug in your phone to initiate the recovery process. Once your phone is connected correctly, click on the button that says ‘Start Scan’.
2. You’ll need to wait for the software to complete scanning your iPhone 5. You can tell how much of the scan is complete by the progress bar up the top. When the scan is complete, select the category that says ‘Contacts’, located under Messages & Call Log on the left hand side. Your Contacts will start coming up in the middle panel. Go through that and select which contacts you’d like to restore and click the button labelled ‘Recover’.
Method 2: Recover from iTunes Backup File
1. Select the option at the top of the page to ‘Recover from iTunes Backup File‘. If iTunes was installed on your computer and it’s the one used to sync your iPhone 5 with, you will have backups stored of that data. You may also have any other devices listed that you’ve synced to that particular iTunes account. Select the iPhone 5 with the contacts you’d like to retrieve, with the most recent date, and then press the ‘Start Scan’ button to initiate the scanning sequence.
2. Let the scan of your iTunes backup file run to completion. You’d be able to tell when it’s done by following the progress bar on the top of the page. After the scan is finished, go to the left hand panel and select Messages (under the Messages & Call Log) to bring up the Contacts stored in your iTunes backup file. Go through and select the Contacts you would like to keep by ticking the checkbox next to each of them. Press the Recover button to start saving the Contact details to your computer.
Method 3: Recover from iCloud Backup File
1. Go to the option on top labelled ‘Recover from iCloud Backup File‘ and give it a click. Dr. Fone will ask you to fill in your Apple ID and password for access to your iCloud account.
2. Once you’ve entered your information correctly, a list will come up detailing all your Apple devices with their backups made under your iCloud account. Find the iPhone 5 that you want to retrieve the contacts from, with the closest date, then select to ‘Download’ that one.
3. Wait for the data to fully download. You’ll be able to tell how far along the download is by looking at the progress tracking bar found on top. Once the data is downloaded, go through and click on the Contacts field under Messages & Call Log on the left hand side. When you have selected all the contacts you want to save, press the ‘Recover’ button to start saving all the contacts to your computer.