How to Restore Deleted iPhone Bookmarks with Dr. Fone
Bookmarks are essential. They are the signposts with which we find our way back to useful content, tools and platforms on the World Wide Web.
An interesting thing to note is the fact that surfing from hand-held devices has replaced computer-supported browsing as the main channel of interaction with online content. Under the circumstances, the highly popular iPhones happen to be repositories of bookmarks to data that users find important.
When these bookmarks are accidentally cleared or deleted, the only way to restore deleted iPhone bookmark is either from iTunes and iCloud. Or from the device body!
Dr. Fone from Wondershare is an efficient software solution with which scans in three comprehensive modes can be conducted for Safari bookmarks.
Before Proceeding to the Main Tutorial
Please keep in mind that:
1. A scan that is initiated as soon as information loss is detected is a scan that has higher probability of being successful. If you keep using the iPhone, the other installed apps might overwrite the lost data.
2. If the PC/laptop that supports Dr. Fone also supports the iTunes account, then with the connection of the iPhone to the device, automatic syncing of data is bound to take place. This might also overwrite the information that you wish to recover. In order to disable this function, visit the iTunes dashboard, click “Preferences”, scroll and select “Devices” and finally tick the option “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically”.
3. An iPhone must be in Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode to allow root application which facilitates the scan. Simply:
- Press the Power button for 3 seconds
- Press the Power and Home button together for 10 seconds
- Release the Power button but keep the Home button pressed for 15 seconds
A blank screen is a reliable indication that the phone is now in recovery (DFU) mode. Since the sequence must be executed precisely, Dr. Fone also offers an animated screen for walk along guidance.
Mode 1: Recover from iOS Device
An iOS recovery is tricky and requires the most technical expertise. But with the Wondershare system, it is done in just five clicks.
1. Connect the iPhone to the PC/laptop supporting Dr. Fone with the USB power cable and choose the first option from the application home screen – Recover from iOS Device.
2. Allow the system to test the connected device for compatibility. When a fit is found, the “Start Scan” button becomes available.
3. A scan that is underway always notes the time to scan completion with a progress bar. The buttons “Stop” and “Pause” to the right of this bar help terminate the process or halt it prematurely so that users can retrieve items on the fly. You have the flexibility to use the directory to the left of the screen where each node stands for a particular data category and navigate to Safari Bookmarks. You can peruse the data that has been identified for recovery and if you spot anything of import, you can cut the sequence short and “Recover” the items.
4. When a scan is complete, the display screen comes on. Here you can call up bookmarks by keyword with the search bar, choose to retrieve all the available bookmarks or only specific ones by ticking appropriate checkboxes and most importantly, you can use the On/Off slider to focus only on deleted information.
5. Hit the “Recover” button once selections are made and save the bookmarks as an HTML file to the hard disk of your computer or restore them back to the connected iPhone.
Mode 2: Recover from iTunes Backup File
iTunes is the offline platform with the help of which Apple users create backups of their critical data. Fortunately iTunes does save Safari bookmarks and thus you can leverage its contents to retrieve the needed information.
1. Connect the iPhone to Dr. Fone. From the home screen choose the second alternative – Recover from iTunes Backup File.
2. When presented with a list of backup containers, choose one that is the most likely to have a backup of the bookmarks that you wish to restore. Use attributes like name, size and date of creation to determine this. With the right file selected, click “Start Scan”.
3. As in the previous mode, allow the scan to complete, tick the deleted items that are useful and restore them back to the iPhone.
Mode 3: Recover from iCloud Backup File
iCloud is the online backup creation facility that is offered to privileged Apple users. Dr. Fone can access the details on the servers (iCloud account) and download the needed information to restore deleted iPhone bookmark quickly.
1. Connect the iPhone to the Wondershare application and select the option – Recover from iCloud Backup File from the home screen.
3. Choose the one that has updated copies of all the deleted bookmarks. And hit “Download” to save it to the PC/laptop.
4. From the pop-up, tick the Safari Bookmarks checkbox. Click “Next” to ensure you download only the data type that is relevant to you. Keeping “Select All” checked also accesses images, videos and other information categories that are not required.
5. Allow the scan to run its course and save the bookmarks to the computer. You may also restore them back to the connected iPhone.
This is how you can restore deleted iPhone bookmarks with Dr. Fone from Wondershare. Recapitulating the exact steps:
- Connect the iPhone to Dr. Fone
- Choose the applicable mode
- Select the right backup file
- Wait for scan completion
- Retrieve required bookmarks