iPad Undelete: The Process to Recover Deleted iPad Data with Dr. Fone
Since its 2010 debut, more than 282 million iPads have been sold around the world. With their larger display screens, Apple’s hallmark processing power and the smooth integration between hardware and software, they have succeeded in providing a richer, more immersive user experience to buyers.
Thus every year, millions of images, thousands of videos, countless bookmarks and notes are saved to iPads. Some models can also put through calls by accepting SIM cards. And so contacts as well as short messages are added to the tally of data.
So when an iPad user deletes information, either accidentally or inopportunely, he stands to lose details that are important to his everyday life.
Dr. Fone from Wondershare is a utility that is light weight and effective. It can recover deleted data from an iPad in three modes including a full body scan of the device. Let’s dive into how this is done.
1. The scan should be triggered as soon as data is lost. The more you wait, the higher is the probability of an incomplete recovery.
2. For an iOS device scan to go through, root application is necessary. And this is possible only in Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode. You can reach DFU by:
- Pressing the Power button for 3 seconds
- Pressing the Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds
- Releasing the Power button but keeping the Home button pressed for 15 seconds
Since the sequence is quite tricky to execute, Dr. Fone offers an animated, walk along guidance screen.
3. If the PC/laptop supporting Dr. Fone also happens to have iTunes installed on it, then auto syncing of data between the connected iPad and iTunes account will happen. This might overwrite the deleted information in the device body rendering it irretrievable. To ensure this doesn’t happen, visit the iTunes dashboard > Preferences > Devices > tick “Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically” .
Mode 1: Recover from iOS Device
A device recovery is difficult because the snug fit between the iOS hardware and software is often invulnerable to probing. Not with Dr. Fone! This system wraps up the process in five simple steps.
1. Connect the iPad to the PC/laptop supporting Dr. Fone with a USB power cable, put it in DFU mode and choose the option – Recover from iOS Device from the home screen.
2. Allow the Wondershare application to test the iPad for compatibility. This is to make sure that the scan will go through without glitches. Once a fit is found, the “Start Scan” button becomes available.
3. The scan, when in progress, notes the time to completion with an updating bar. The buttons “Stop” and “Pause” to the right of this bar are used to recover items on the fly. If you spot data that is important to you before the scan has run its course, you can terminate or halt it prematurely to “Recover” the information.
4. When the scan completes, the display screen comes on. The directory to the left has nodes – each standing for a particular data category. It can also be used to navigate to the recoverable items of each data type. You can call up files by name or keyword with the search bar. You can also use the On/Off slider to focus on only deleted items which is the aim of this tutorial. And you can tick the appropriate checkboxes to select items in bulk or individual files. With the selection made, hit “Recover”.
5. You have two alternatives. Either you can save the data to the hard disk of the computer supporting the process or you can restore the files to the connected iPad.
Mode 2: Recover from iTunes Backup File
iTunes is Apple’s first backup platform. And Dr. Fone can use its content to perform iPad undelete.
1. Connect the iPad to the computer supporting Dr. Fone and choose the option – Recover from iTunes Backup File.
2. As soon as you do this, the system accesses iTunes data saved to the hard disk of the computer and pulls up a list of backup files. Select the one that is the most likely to hold the information you wish to recover. Use file attributes like File Name, File Size and ID number to inform your choice. Once this is done, hit “Start Scan”.
3. The application extracts details from the chosen backup file, presents it for perusal and gives you the flexibility to restore data to the connected iPad or save it back to the computer.
Mode 3: Recover from iCloud Backup File
iCloud is the online counterpart of iTunes. Through it, users can back up their details and files to Apple’s servers creating a safety net against accidental deletions or device trauma. You can use Wondershare’s system to download this information and selectively retrieve the data that is important to you.
1. Connect the iPad to Dr. Fone and choose the third option – Recover from iCloud Backup File.
2. When prompted, input the iCloud log in credentials. This will allow you to tick the backup file that has the information you seek.
3. Make the selection on the basis of file attributes like name, size and ID. Then click the “Download” button.
4. Before Dr. Fone can start the process, it is important to tick the checkboxes corresponding to the data types you wish to download from the Apple’s servers and extract. This helps reduce the time to scan completion by avoiding information that is not relevant. Click “Next” to trigger the scan.
5. Allow the scan to complete and then select the deleted data that you want to restore to the connected iPad.
To perform iPad undelete is as easy as 1-2-3 with Dr. Fone from Wondershare. Here is a quick recap of the sequence:
- Connect the iPad to Dr. Fone
- Choose the right scan mode
- Select the backup file that holds the needed items
- Allow the scan to run its course
- Retrieve deleted data as you see fit