We live in a society where time is money! And calendars are tools helping us organize our schedules, keep track of our appointments, and alerting us to wish our dear ones on their birthdays and during special ocassions. Digital calendars are the way of life now with its versatility and some might even act as to-do lists and note repositories.
This is the reason why iPhone calendars host sensitive information without which users might feel lost and disoriented.
So what happens when virus corruption, accidental deletions, processor overheating or device trauma render calendars inaccessible? It is imperative to recover the data as soon as possible.
Dr. Fone from Wondershare is an application that can do iPhone calendar recovery seamlessly. It retrieves calendar appointments, notes and occasions of import in three exhaustive modes.
Three Considerations to Keep in Mind
1. A scan should be triggered as soon as the calendar data is lost. If this is not the case, then the probability of scan success is compromised. Installed apps might overwrite the required information and defeat the purpose of the process.
2. An iPhone has to be in Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode for a scan to initiate. DFU allows both analysis of the device and root application without which probing for data is next to impossible. To put an iPhone in DFU:
- Press the Power button for 3 seconds
- Press the Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds
- Release the Power button but keep the Home button pressed for 15 more seconds
Since the execution of the sequence has to be precise, Dr. Fone presents an animated screen that guides users through the process.
3. Last but not the least, if Dr. Fone is installed on a PC or laptop that also supports iTunes, then auto syncing of data between the iOS device and iTunes has to be disabled. To do so, scroll to iTunes > Preferences > Devices and tick ‘Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically’.
Perform iPhone Calendar Recovery in Three Different Modes
Mode 1: Recover from iOS Device
iOS devices are difficult to scan. This is because there is very close integration between its hardware and the software, making root application tricky. However Dr. Fone from Wondershare makes the process easier.
1. Connect the iPhone to the PC/laptop supporting Dr. Fone and put the device in DFU mode. Next launch Dr. Fone and select the first option – Recover from iOS Device.
2. Allow the system to analyze the device model for compatibility. If a fit is found, the ‘Start Scan’ button becomes available.
3. A scan that is underway notes the time to completion through a progress bar. The buttons Pause and Stop to the right of it can be used to halt the scan midway or terminate it before completion.
Dr. Fone offers users the flexibility to peruse items as they are being identified for recovery. This can be done using the directory to the left. Each node of the directory stands for a particular data type and the associated numbers represent the files that are recoverable. However, actual retrieval is not possible unless the scan is interrupted or has ended naturally.
4. When the process completes, the display screen comes on. Here you can use the search bar to call up calendar entries by keyword. You can filter the view to include only deleted entries with the On/Off slider. You can also tick individual calendar entries or select data in bulk through its checkboxes. Once all the required items are chosen, clicking the ‘Recover’ button saves the data to the computer supporting Dr. Fone or restores the information back to the connected iPhone.
Mode 2: Recover from iTunes Backup File
iTunes is Apple’s offline backup creator. Before the iCloud hit the scene, iTunes was the only way to save critical device information, including calendar entries and dates. Dr. Fone acts as a data extractor allowing iPhone calendar recovery through an iTunes backup file.
1. Connect the iPhone to a computer (PC or laptop) supporting Dr. Fone from Wondershare. Launch the application and select the second option – Recover from iTunes Backup File.
2. Once Dr. Fone has access to the backup files and containers created by iTunes, it can start the scan. You must choose the one file that is most likely to hold the calendar entry/information that you wish to restore and then click the ‘Start Scan’ button.
3. Allow the scan to complete, use the directory and associated nodes to navigate to the Calendar entries, select the required data, and hit ‘Recover’ to restore the data back to the connected iPhone.
Mode 3: Recover from iCloud Backup File
iCloud is an online backup platform that has become immensely popular over the past few years. To perform iPhone calendar recovery utilizing your iCloud account, you must authorize Dr. Fone to access data that is stored on Apple’s servers.
1. Connect the iPhone to Dr. Fone and launch the application. Choose the third option – Recover from iCloud Backup File.
2. Input your iCloud login credentials and allow Dr. Fone to pull up a list of backup files.
3. From this list, select the file that has the highest likelihood of containing the required calendar entries and then click ‘Download’.
4. The pop-up allows you to guide the Dr. Fone system to download and subsequently scan specific data categories. For the purpose of this tutorial, the option Calendar & Reminder has to be ticked. This ensures that bandwidth is not wasted trying to access and scan images, audios and videos which aren’t needed. Click ‘Next’ to transition into the actual scan.
5. Allow the process to complete. As in the previous two modes, choose the entries that you seek to restore and click ‘Recover’.
iPhone calendar recovery with Dr. Fone is a breeze! All the three modes are user-friendly and they take only a few clicks to retrieve the required information. Recapping the process:
- Connect the iPhone to Dr. Fone from Wondershare
- Select appropriate recovery mode
- Choose a backup file if needed
- Allow the scan to run its course
- Recover the calendar entries