Over 6 billion text messages are sent in the US each day! Yes, these messages utilize the power of the telecommunication carrier agencies proving that SMSs are very much alive. Messages and the contacts to which they are sent form an integral part of a mobile user’s life. Since casual chats have shifted to Internet based applications that allow free exchange of data, professional conversations are still shared almost exclusively through text messages.
This is the reason why when iPhones suffer device trauma, virus corruption or processor overheating, the access to critical information like network contacts and SMS are restricted. Under such circumstances, users wish to retrieve this data as soon as possible to allow their lives to return to normal.
A third party utility like Dr. Fone from Wondershare can prove to be a lifesaver! It can recover iPhone messages and contacts from SIM card back to iOS devices like iPhones in three comprehensive modes.
Before Initiating a Scan, Please Keep in Mind
1. Scan an iPhone for lost contacts and messages as soon as the problem with access is detected. This is to ensure that the Dr. Fone system can conduct a full scan and retrieve the maximum volume of data before apps start overwriting it with system-generated information.
2. The iPhone needs to be put in DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode before the root can be applied for the scan. To reach DFU:
- Press the Power button for 3 seconds
- Press the Power button and the Home button for 10 seconds
- Release the Power button but keep the Home button pressed for 15 more seconds
A blank screen indicates that DFU has been successfully activated. Dr. Fone even provides an animated instruction screen for execution of the steps.
3. An iOS body scan is effective only when lost data in the deeper reaches of the memory or cache is not tampered with. If Dr. Fone is supported by a PC or laptop that also happens to host the iTunes backup data, then as soon as the iPhone is connected to the Dr. Fone system, automatic synchronization of data between iTunes and iPhone is inevitable. To prevent this from happening, visit the iTunes dashboard > Preferences > Devices and tick ‘Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically’.
Three Modes to Recover iPhone Messages and Contacts from SIM Card
Mode 1: Recover from iOS Device
Do you think an iOS device recovery is tedious or complicated? Not with Dr. Fone. The entire sequence is completed in 5 simple steps.
1. Connect the iPhone to the PC/laptop supporting Dr. Fone with the USB power cord and put the device in DFU mode. At this point of time, iTunes should alert you that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode.
2. Launch the Dr. Fone application from the desktop or home screen. Choose the first option – Recover from iOS Device from the navigation menu.
3. Allow the system to detect the connected iPhone. Dr. Fone will then match the model of the iOS device with its database to ensure it can carry out a full scale successful scan. As soon as this is confirmed, the ‘Start Scan’ button becomes available. Click it to trigger the process.
4. A scan that is underway notes the time to completion with a progress bar. The two buttons to the right are ‘Pause’ and ‘Stop’ and these help halt the scan mid-way or terminate it prematurely. This is to help users recover contacts and messages in real time. With Dr. Fone, perusing items as they are identified for retrieval is possible. If you spot something that is extremely important before the scan is actually completed, you can use the buttons discussed and disrupt the process enabling quicker recovery.
5. Once a scan finishes, the display screens are presented. With directory to the left, navigate to particular data categories – each presented by a specific icon. These icons, when clicked, connect users to the recoverable items of the chosen data type. For the purpose of this tutorial, both Messages and Contacts have to be ticked and clicked. Use the search bar to call up messages and contacts by sender/recipient name. Leverage the On/Off slider to focus only on deleted data. And lastly, select files individually or in bulk with appropriate checkboxes.
When done, hit the blue ‘Recover’ button and save the data to the hard disk of the PC/laptop or restore it back to the iPhone if it is operational.
Mode 2: Recover from iTunes Backup File
If you are regular about backups, you can use the iTunes backup files to recover Messages and Contacts instead of trying to probe the iOS device.
1. Connect the iPhone to Dr. Fone from Wondershare. Launch the system and choose the second option – Recover from iTunes Backup File.
2. This will give you access to the full list of iTunes backup files that are saved to the computer. You are required to select the container that is the most likely to hold updated copies of your iPhone data. Filter your decision with file attributes like file name, file size and date of creation. Once you feel like you have the right file, hit ‘Start Scan’.
3. As in the first mode, allow the scan to complete. Use the display screen to tick the items needed and recover them through the Dr. Fone system.
Mode 3: Recover from iCloud Backup File
If iTunes is user-friendly, iCloud is uber convenient. It offers iOS users space on Apple’s servers to store copies of their data.
1. Connect iPhone to Dr. Fone and choose the third option – Recover from iCloud Backup File.
2. Input the login credentials to allow Dr. Fone access to a list of the iCloud backup containers.
3. Choose the file that is the most likely to hold a copy of the data you seek and hit ‘Download’.
4. From the pop-up, tick the options Contacts and Messages. This ensures that the utility doesn’t download data types like images or videos that aren’t needed at the moment. Click ‘Next’ to initiate the process and the scan.
5. Post scan completion, recover the files you need to the computer or restore them back to the iPhone.
And that is how easy it is to recover iPhone messages and contacts from SIM card. Recapping the process:
- Connect the iPhone to Dr. Fone.
- Choose the appropriate mode.
- Select the right backup file.
- Allow the scan to complete and recover the messages and contacts needed.