Apple is one of the most popular luxury brands in the world. And its roster of premium devices is highly sought-after by all segments of the market. From iPods to iPhones to iPads, Apple users store copious volumes of data in a variety of formats in these beauty-meets-functionality innovations.
When so much of sensitive information is involved, backups become essential. Otherwise extenuating circumstances like virus corruptions, device trauma, liquid damage and processor overheating can lead to loss of important files and details.
This is the reason why iTunes was introduced by the tech behemoth. iTunes gives Apple users a means to create backup files that can act as a safety net so you can easily recover lost iPhone data from iTunes if they were lost or deleted.
Why the iTunes is Great But Not Perfect?
iTunes is simple and easy to use. The learning curve is quite small. It allows users to store data directly to the hard disk of the PC or laptop that supports its account. As a result, there is no need to rely on Wi-Fi or broadband to access data.
But there are a number of drawbacks of iTunes:
1. If people do not have the means to establish a physical connection between their device and the iTunes account, they can’t create data backups.
2. The data stored in an iTunes account can’t be sorted and sifted by users. They must initiate a full data recovery or restoration and do not have the freedom to choose particular data categories from the backups.
How Dr. Fone Solves These Problems?
Dr. Fone has three comprehensive modes in which data can be recovered for Apple devices. So even if an iTunes backup has not been created, the iOS device itself can be scanned for the required content.
Moreover, Dr. Fone behaves like a data extractor. With its display screen, individual files can easily be chosen and recovered back to Apple devices.
Using Dr. Fone to Recover Lost iPhone Data from iTunes:
1. First and foremost, put the iPhone in Device Firmware Upgrade (DFU) mode. To do this:
- Press the Power button for 3 seconds
- Press the Power and Home buttons together for 10 seconds
- Release the Power button but keep the Home button pressed for 15 seconds
Dr. Fone offers an animated guidance screen to ensure that the execution of the steps is perfect.
2. Next, connect the iPhone (in DFU mode) to Dr. Fone with the provided USB cable and launch the utility. You have to choose the second option – Recover from iTunes Backup File to instruct Dr. Fone to scan the iTunes backup data.
3. From the list that is pulled up, select the backup container that is the most likely to hold all the updated copies of the data that you wish to restore back to the connected iPhone. If there are multiple backup files to choose from, use file attributes like file name, file size and file ID to narrow your choices. Tick the required file and click the “Start Scan” button.
4. Dr. Fone is exceptional because it provides users the flexibility to examine data items while they are being identified for recovery in real time. There are two buttons “Pause” and “Stop” to the right of the progress bar and these are used to halt the scan midway or terminate it prematurely. If you spot a file that is particularly important and do not wish to delay its recovery till scan completion, these buttons come in handy. They disrupt the ongoing scan and allow retrieval of the needed data.
5. When a scan completes, the directory to the left of the screen also stops updating. Now each node stands for a particular data category and the number next to it is the final count of the items that can be retrieved from the connected device. Using this directory, you can navigate to data types and their corresponding display screens. You may also:
- Call up files by name or keyword using the search bar
- Filter results to show only deleted items with the On/Off slider
- Tick items in bulk or choose them individually with the appropriate checkboxes
With all the needed files marked, click the blue ‘Recover’ button to either save the data to the computer that is supporting Dr. Fone or restore it directly to the connected iPhone.
And this is how easy it is to recover lost iPhone data from iTunes using Dr. Fone. Recapitulating the steps involved in the sequence:
- Connect the iPhone to Dr. Fone with the USB power cord.
- Choose ‘Recover from iTunes Backup File’ as the mode.
- Select the right backup file.
- Allow the scan to end.
- Recover required data files to the hard disk of the PC/laptop or back to the iPhone.